PAL-AT is a versatile, cable leak detection system with top-notch features that can help in detecting leaks for an array of applications for hydrocarbons, corrosive liquids, and water. PAL-AT can operate in a variety of ways: as an integrated solution with third-party BMS systems via BACnet or Modbus, as part of an enterprise solution of various networked PAL-AT systems that PALCOM software monitors, or as a standalone leak detection system.
In contrast, LiquidWatch is a point leak detection system that uses discrete probes to detect liquids. It doesn’t just cover long distances but is also a very modular leak detection system that uses discrete probes with fast sensing response time to detect water and volatile liquids. LiquidWatch is expandable up to 16 programmable alarm relays and 64 probes. When connected to RPM-8 (Remote Probe Module), the system is capable to monitor probes up to 20,000 feet away. Thanks to the built-in intelligence within the control panel, LiquidWatch can either be connected as a networked solution that PALCOM software centrally manages or operate as a standalone system. Like PAL-AT, LiquidWatch also supports third-party BMS integration via BACnet and Modbus protocols.
Key Features: PAL-AT vs. LiquidWatch
While both PAL-AT and LiquidWatch offer 24/7 continuous monitoring, are remote alert capable, and are BACnet, Modbus, and relay integration capable, there are certain differences between the two in terms of features. While PAL-AT is cable and point sensor capable, LiquidWatch is just a point sensor system. Besides this, PAL-AT is relay output capable, is FM-approved fuel detection, and has +/- 1% accuracy, which makes it a better choice.
Features and Benefits: PAL-AT vs. LiquidWatch
- Compatible with PALCOM as a networked solution for remote monitoring
- Dirt and dustproof to prevent false alarms
- Local storage of comprehensive logs and events with simple download function
- Heads up display to offer system health status
- Built-in monitoring and intelligence to detect shorts and breaks
- Precise detection of multiple leak locations at the same time
- Local storage of comprehensive logs and events
- Guaranteed maximum safety due to customizable passcode login
- Intuitive HMI interface for easy diagnostics and setup directly at the panel
- Gases and vapor are ignored
- Up to 16 programmable alarm relays and 64 probes
- Sensing of water or organic liquids like solvents and hydrocarbons
Keep your facility operating in optimal condition with PermAlert’s commercial leak detection system
PermAlert’s leak detection system is FM-approved and can detect any liquid leaks like hydrocarbon fuel, corrosive chemicals, acid, and water.
Reach out to them directly for more information on their FM-approved leak detection systems.